Derek Delaney, CFP®, ChFC®, EA, CSLP
Founder & President
Education and Experience:
Derek is a graduate of North Dakota State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Finance & Accounting. He has worked in financial services for almost a decade. You can view Derek's resume here.
What I Do and Why I Do It:
As your trusted financial guide, I become your co-creator, partner, and life-long problem solver. No uncomfortable sales pitches or conflicted advice. My loyalties are with you and not to some big insurance or investment company.
Financial planning, when done correctly, can make a tremendous positive impact in people’s lives. It's an investment in yourself that will pay-off for a very long time.
Designations & Certifications
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER(™) professionals have met extensive training and experience requirements, and commit to CFP Board’s ethical standards that require them to put their clients’ interest first.
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
- ChFC® designation covers a must-have list of requirements for financial advisors, from knowledge on tax and retirement planning to special needs advising, wealth management, insurance, and more.
- Enrolled Agent tax practitioner (EA)
- An enrolled agent is a person who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service. Enrolled agent status is the highest credential the IRS awards.
- Certified Student Loan Professional (CSLP)
- A certification that a professional earns when they have shown the competency to make fully informed decisions about student loan repayment within the context of a comprehensive financial plan.
Family and Hobbies:
Derek is married to a pharmacist, Kortney Delaney (a South Dakota State alumna), and has two young kids, Ben and Hannah. As a young family of 4 living in Minnesota, we spend as much time as we can outside when the weather allows. From April to October, they often frequent the local parks and playgrounds. They also enjoy bonfires at home, board games and spending time with grandparents.